Air Powered Mechanical Immersion Agitation
Air Powered Mechanical Immersion Agitation was pioneered and perfected by Magnus Equipment over 60 years ago. It is often copied, but never duplicated.
The basic principle of mechanical immersion agitation is to move parts up and down, through, and in some cases, in and out of the cleaning solution. Moving the part through the solution causes solution to flow over all part surfaces and through passages creating turbulence on the part surface. Bringing parts in and out of solution allows filling of passages and holes when submerged, followed by draining when raised out of the solution.
For parts with very complex shapes, combinations of rotation and up and down agitation are necessary to provide solution flow to all areas of the part. The mechanical agitation may also be combined with solution agitation (turbulation) or ultrasonics to increase the mechanical energy available for cleaning. In all cases, as described in the cleaning formulation section, the solution movement provides the mechanical energy and solution exchange necessary for efficient surface cleaning and chip removal.
- Short and long stroke selection (long stroke is in and out of solution)
- Adjustable stroke speed (speed may be slowed to avoid damage to delicate parts and more aggressive for difficult soils)
- MAGNUS agitation air cylinder has a life-time warranty
- Separate speed control on initial dissents into solution (to avoid splashing) and on final assent for unloading (to avoid slamming against the up stops)
- Available rotation, with parts tumbling or restrained part rotation
Magnus Agitation Air Cylinder
The heart of the air powered mechanical immersion agitation methods is the agitation cylinder. The Magnus agitation air cylinder is designed and built by Magnus specifically for mechanical immersion agitation washers. Our cylinder is built to be powerful enough not only to lift the parts, but also to accelerate them through the solution while providing continuous duty in industrial applications. There is none better! We are so confident in the power of our cylinder that it carries a Lifetime warranty.
Magnus Air Powered Mechanical Agitation is available in our stand line of modular parts washers, Miji Lif Senior (125 pound capacity), Miji Lif 24 (150 pounds capacity), Miji Lif 24 MAL (450 pound capacity), Magna Lif (1,000 pound capacity), and Aja Lif (2,200 pound capacity) as well as a wide variety of custom systems with weight capacities to 4,000 pounds. These machines may be combined to create multi-stage parts washing and metal treatment systems including spray stages, dryers, blow offs, filters, and coalescers. Systems are available in Manual Load Transfer Systems or Automatic Load Transfer Systems.
Manual Load Transfer Systems
Parts cleaning and metal treatment processes often require multi-stage processes. Magnus tanks are modular and may be arranged in a line to provide multi-stage process systems. Stages may include:
- rust protection
- ultrasonic wash
- spray stages (standard and high pressure)
These stages may be combined with Magnus dryers or blow offs as well as other operations such as demagnetizers, detail booths, inspection booths, dip coaters, etc.
- parts movement through these systems is facilitated by use of roller conveyors on the platforms and interconnecting sections
- operators manually transfer the load from stage to stage over roller conveyors
- sequentially moving baskets, allows all stages to be used at the same time for maximum system capacity
- conveyor turns may be configured into an "L" or "U" shape where space prohibits a straight line system
- stages can be equipped using optional cycle timers to notify the operator when a stage is completed
- roll over lids are available so that a basket may pass over an occupied stage if desired
- systems may be provided with partial tunnels to provide ventilation and exhaust control
Since the machines are modular in design, stages may be added or rearranged as needed at a future date.
Automatic Load Transfer Systems
Fully automatic load transfer systems are available for large production volumes in situations where labor reduction is warranted or where process control is critical. These systems may be configured with all of the stages and options available for manual load transfer systems.
- fully automated operation from point of load to unload
- each stage may be programmed separately with sequences including soak, agitation short stroke, agitation long stroke, drain, ultrasonics (if included), electro-clean (if included), and rotation (if included)
- pusher beam design accomplished transfers (Magnus has 35 years experience with pusher beam transfer)
- smooth and reliable operation, PLC control and supervision with proximity switches monitor position of all key elements to prove condition before transfer
- automatic queuing of baskets at entry available for unattended operation
- parts are simultaneously processed in each stage to provide maximum system capability
- process is completely enclosed in a tunnel to provide ventilation control and guarding
- available for aqueous and compliant solvent processes
- tumbling or restrained rotation available
- dryers, blow-offs, spray, high pressure spray, demagnetizers, additional stages available in addition to immersion agitation stages
- return conveyors
- data collection packages
Have additional questions about a product or service?
Contact us at 800-456-6423 or send us an email.